6.6.09

matured talks

i love talking with my friends. talking with them has a special effect of making me happy even if i'm on my worst mood. i admit that most of the time, our conversations are mainly about nonsense things like who farted during the reporting that made the whole class chaotic, who's turn it is to pick where we would eat lunch, embarrassing, nerve- cracking moments of each and everyone, who won the NBA bet... because our clique has more boys than girls, it is somehow expected that our everyday lives would be more of fun and "boyish" stuffs.

it is the thing that i least expect- having serious talks with the boys- but lately, most of our conversations were more of the matured ones. i know you would find it rude but when one of my guy friends told me that he would continue his studies to be a surgeon, i just laughed at him. but after a couple of more texts, i realized that he is serious and that is why he has that special passion in the operating room. it made me feel like i won a thousand tickets in timezone. ha-ha! kidding. but it seriously made me happy because at last, the moment came. the moment when we realize what we really want to be other than being a rockstar or an NBA addict. and hey, i realized that even though we don't talk about petty things, it makes me happy knowing that we are getting matured and more adult-ish.

i guess sigmund freud's and erik erikson's stages of development are true after all :)

No comments: