28.6.09

lame sunday thoughts

it has been a lazy sunday for me. i woke up to the voice of my mom telling me that i should bring my brother to the nearest hospital because she is afraid that my brother is already afflicted with AH1N1. i went out of bed trying to tell her that it is not because my brother was not exhibiting enough symptoms to be diagnosed with such. i ate breakfast. the usual koko krunch and milk i have been eating for already three weeks.

then while chewing on my oh-so-exciting breakfast, the cereal commercial popped suddenly into my mind. it made me smile- the thought of that crazy koala bear and never- growing kid accidentally spilling chocolate in a rice field. i think that is lame. really. after my breakfast, i bummed around the living room listening to my ipod's old school music. eraserheads. they are really cool. their double- meaning lyrics always make me think that things are just like that and just live your life in whatever way you want to. and simply listening to eli's 'pogi' voice gives me a nice feeling. for 3 hours, i just sat there, listening to OPM, fall out boy, some girl pop group, old school love songs and singapore metal.

we heared mass and we ate lunch. tofu. chinese food. it's crazy how filipino culture is influenced with the chinese's. and i was thinking... maybe, after a year or two, that chinese influence on us would be replaced by korean culture. i mean, koreans are everywhere. they are like mushrooms sprouting suddenly from nowhere. don't you think that's scary? filipinos looking all asianovela-ish and eating with chopsticks and smelling like kimchi? ha-ha-ha!

after lunch, i took a bath and went to the nearest salon to have a haircut. lucky, no people in line. the stylists were just busy laughing their heads off while watching pokwang and sam milby. one tall, blonde, gay stylist approached me and i told him/her/himher that i want a trim and bangs. after 10 short minutes, you'll never guess what i look like. that freak made my bangs look like it was cut by a grade 3 for fun. argh! i hate the thought that he was paying more attention to pokwang than me, his customer. i thought of grabbing the lame blonde hair of the stylist and shave it all off so he can look like a microphone. but i know i cannot do that so i just payed their fee and went out.

i went to the building's swimming pool. smelled some fresh air and realized how lame my sunday is. no, how lame my thoughts are. i should have better thoughts. don't you think?

No comments: